Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wayne Stallsmith Clearwater, Florida

Earlier this year, 2009, I visited my dermatologist to determine if I had a basal cell carcinoma that had been festering at the tip of my nose. A biopsy determined that it was as I suspected, a malignant skin cancer, and my doctor had me schedule and appointment for surgery to excise the infected area. The doctor's nurse advised me to bring a good book to my appointment and expect to spend up to four hours in the doctor's waiting room after surgery to give time to the pathologist to scope the tissue and determine if the entire carsinoma had been adequately excised.
 
I suggested to the nurse that I didn't think that was a good idea because I didn't want to take the chance of losing the end of my cute little nose and then face the possibility of reconstructive plastic surgery. Besides, I chided her, I didn't want to
face the problem that could end the possibility of a movie career because of disfigurement. Of course, at age 74, the probability of a movie career is more than remote.
 
I decided to take a different course in dealing with skin cancer, so I began a diligent search on the Internet for an alternative treatment. It was then that I found all I needed to know about Curaderm. I ordered the product, and cancelled my appointment for surgery. My doctor sent me a certified letter cautioning me that I must opt for the surgery, whether with him or another doctor, or face the possibility of severe consequences with the untreated cancer. I decided to give Curaderm a chance.
 
I began applying the cream as instructed, and I was surpised how quickly an encrustation formed around the infected area at the tip of my nose. I continued faithfully with the treatment, removing the crust each time it formed, and reapplying the cream and a small piece of facial tissue to cover the area. Needless to say, the treatment worked. It did, indeed! Within three weeks, the wound had healed completely. There was no more seepage or encrustation, and the new skin completedly covered the infected area. I continued using the cream for a few more days, but I could not induce any further crusting. It appeared the drama was over, and my cute little nose was saved to smell again for another day!
 
Who would have thought that an eggplant and a curious doctor would form a partnership and develop a cure for a type of skin cancer without surgery. Frankly, I don't doubt that God had a hand in this miracle. I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment